- Quasy (SyntaxFest) 2019, Workshop / The relationship between dependency distance and frequency. Xinying Chen, Kim Gerdes. Sorbonne Nouvelle. Paris, August 26.
- UDW (SyntaxFest) 2019, Workshop / Rediscovering Greenberg’s word order universals in UD. Kim Gerdes, Sylvain Kahane, Xinying Chen. Sorbonne Nouvelle. Paris, August 30.
- TALC seminar, Invited talk / Typometrics: from treebanks to typological universals. Kim Gerdes, Sylvain Kahane, Xinying Chen. University of Lorraine. Nancy, June 5.
- Recent trends in Quantitative Linguistics, Workshop / How does the word length of Chinese words change? A diachronic analysis based on Google Ngrams. Xinying Chen. National and Kapodistrian University. Athens , March 27.
- Tools and Methods for Empirical Syntax Study, Workshop / Word order investigations based on UD. Kim Gerdes, Sylvain Kahane, Xinying Chen. University of Ostrava. Ostrava, April 16.
- Universal Dependencies and Language Typologies, Workshop / Universal Dependencies and language typologies. Xinying Chen, Radek Čech. University of Ostrava. Ostrava, January 24.
- Invited talk / Texts, Treebanks, Networks: Descriptions and analysis of languages. Xinying Chen. Université Paris Nanterre. Paris, October 2.
- Qualico 2018, Workshop / The power law distribution in Universal Dependencies. Xinying Chen. University of Wrocław. Wroclaw, July 5.
- Sunbelt 2017, Workshop / Observing grammaticalization processes in networks of Chinese characters. Xinying Chen. International Network for Social Network Analysis (INSNA). Beijing, June 1.
- DepLing 2017, Workshop / Classifying languages by dependency structure. Xinying Chen, Kim Gerdes. University of Pisa. Pisa, September 19.
- Qualico 2016, Workshop / A diachronic study of Chinese words based on Google Ngram data. Xinying Chen, Heng Chen. Trier University. Trier, Auguest 26.
- DepLing 2015, Workshop / Classifying syntactic categories in the Chinese dependency network. Xinying Chen, Haitao Liu, Kim Gerdes. Uppsala University. Uppsala, Auguest 24.
- Invited talk / Valency Grammar. From theory to practice. Xinying Chen, Haitao Liu. Roma Tre University. Rome, May 25.
- Invited talk / Language networks: From the perspective of linguistics. Xinying Chen. Goethe University Frankfurt. Frankfurt, September 18.
- Qualico 2014, Workshop / Using language network characteristics to do text classification. Xinying Chen. Palacký University Olomouc. Olomouc, May 31.
- Qualico 2014, Workshop / Structural complexity of chinese characters and Zipf’s law. Yanru Wang, Xinying Chen. Palacký University Olomouc. Olomouc, May 30.
- DepLing 2013, Workshop / Dependency network syntax. Xinying Chen. Charles University. Prague, August 29.
- Invited talk / My work on Chinese syntactic dependency treebanks. Xinying Chen. Goethe University Frankfurt. Frankfurt, December 9.